Thursday, July 5, 2007

Online Donations to the Austin Whetsell Memorial Fund

Many of you have called or e-mailed asking about the costs associated with the search and getting Austin & family back to the states. It has been obvious that your questions are born out of a desire to help with those expenses and make sure Walter and Kim don't add a financial cost to the immeasurable emotional costs of this past week. I don't have many details at the present on specific expenses but we have made it easier to make contributions to the memorial fund. You can continue to contribute to the fund by making a check out to the Austin Whetsell Memorial Fund and send it to the church (Lexington Presbyterian Church, 246 Barr Road, Lexington, SC 29072) or by making a direct deposit into the fund at a local Wachovia branch. You can now also make a donation online.

With some help from folks who work with Walter, we were able to set up donations through PayPal. You will see a donation button on the upper right of the screen. If you would like to make a donation, click it and follow the directions. I do want to point out that PayPal charges ~3% transaction fee on most donation (it decreases as the amount of the donation goes up).

Walter and Kim will be bringing Austin home today and I know many of you would like to express your sympathy by phone or in person. I would suggest that at least until the visitation on Sunday, let Walt and Kim know of your love & concern through this blog by leaving messages for them here. There is just a lot going on. I know they would appreciate some time to reconnect with their kids. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you again for all your thoughts, prayers and expressions of love & sympathy. It means so much to the family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God grant you peace during this time. My heart breaks for your family in this difficult time but rejoice that Austin is in heaven and saved. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Whetsell Family,
I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers, as is the rest of the missions team.
S.C.

Anonymous said...

Dear Whetsell Family,
I am very sorry for your resent loss, as are most. I will keep you in my prayers. I KNOW Austin is with Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Walter, Kim, Taylor, Trace and Emma,
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Austin. I am also, like thousands of others all over the world, praying for you all. I love you and pray for God's comfort and peace for you. I look forward to the day that we will be in the presence of our Saviour with Austin. What a family reunion we will all have one day!! In the mean time, God sure is using Austin and your testimonies in mighty ways to encourage people in their faith!! May God bless you abundantly!
Much Love,
Missy

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Know that God is with you at this difficult time and will continue to carry you through the upcoming weeks and years. Austin is at his Father's feet in glory.

Anonymous said...

What an AMAZING son you had. It brought tears to my eyes to read that he had been working with other youths to bring others closer to Christ in Mexico.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's in Heaven, doing all of the things he loves with Jesus.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, and I only pray that you find the peace you deserve. What a beautiful son you raised!