Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Funeral Arrangements for Austin (with editorial corrections... sorry for any confusion)

The outline of visitation and funeral arrangements for Austin is now set. The family will have a visiting time at Lexington Presbyterian Church (in Tomlin Hall) on Sunday July 8th from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM. As we are expecting a large number of folks to come this Sunday, this may not be enough time for eveyone to personally greet the Whetsells. Do not let that discourage you from attending. Just your presence during those hours will communicate your sympathy and affection for the family.

The family will take some time to rest at 3:00 PM and this will give us some time set Tomlin Hall up for overflow (we are attempting to have audio and video feeds into Tomlin Hall to accomodate as many folks as we can). The funeral will be at 4:00 PM in the sanctuary followed by a private burial.

Continue to prayer for Walter & Kim as they travel home. Pray for their children as they await their homecoming. Pray also for the team members still in Mexico and for their families.

I wanted to share with you part of an e-mail from David Gentino, our youth intern at LPC and one of the leaders of the Mexico Team (Dave... I normally don't share things without asking the author but this seemed appropriate):

"Last night the Mexican church had a service: three visitors gave their lives to Christ and the fireman chief asked the pastor if they might meet and talk more about eternal life! So fruit is being borne even after death."

Pray that this report would be mutliplied many times over in the days and weeks to come both here and in Mexico.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. My ultimate prayer for you all is for peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, I have a 7 year old son, I couldn't imagine. My Love & prayers are with you, Most importantly God's Love and Provision are with you, use his strength to get through this. Please don't give up. God will do something great through you and your family through this.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that although i didn't know Austin personally, the day I found out that Austin was missing was one of the saddest days I have ever experienced. My close friend went to school with Austin last year and he really had a tough time with this. So I can't even imagine what the family is going through. Now that i know the day of the funeral it even hurts me more because I will not be able to attend. I wanted SO bad to be there and i couldn't be any more sad now. This event has really torn me apart even though i never experienced meeting Austin face to face. I will continue to pray for your family for weeks to come. May God bless you even in a situation like this!

Anonymous said...

We are so very sorry for your loss. God is always with us. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you. Sylvia & Bill O'Cain

Anonymous said...

I am a friend in christ of one of your church members. Please know that we are praying for Walter and Kim and all of Austin's family. God bless you richly!